Lynnhaven Shores Service Unit #250
Helping Needy at Christmas
is WHY you should help.
Millions of children in America will go without Christmas stockings because their parents can't afford them. Financial and emotional stress dampen the Christmas cheer of families living in poverty. The Salvation Army brings happy
holidays to many through the Salvation Army Fill A Stocking Program.
is WHO can help.
The Salvation Army supplies the empty stockings to the Service Unit for distribution to participating troops. Some troops take 2-3 or 10-12 stockings to fill as a troop while other troops have each girl fill 1 stocking individually. Troops can make it a shopping outing to purchase the items with either troop funds or with each girl bringing her own money.
Fall Leader Meetings
is WHEN stockings will be picked up and dropped off
Pick up empty stockings in October; date TBD.
Drop off filled stockings by November 25th.
Watch for more information.
Download the flyer for more information.
is HOW it's done
- Pick up the stockings in October
- Stockings can be filled with: coloring books, crayons, card games, socks, hygiene products, hair accessories, jump ropes, small notebooks, etc. Do not include food or snack items.
- Choose gifts that are for the age and gender assigned and write in large letters BOY or GIRL and the age on the cardboard topper
- Stockings will be handled multiple items. Help keep them intact by not over-stuffing them or attaching items to the outside. Also securely staple the cardboard topper.
- Drop them off by November 25th
are the BONUS you can get